Real Wood Blinds
Real wood blinds are made up of natural hard wood slats. The reason hard wood is used to make up real wooden blinds is because of its beauty and durability. There are a whole lot of benefits to choosing real wood blinds which includes:
- A beautiful, natural appearance with the natural grain and textures providing a stylish look to windows. The patina of natural wood blinds only gets better over time
- Superb sunlight shield during the summer months and excellent insulation when other types of insulation are installed too
- Real wood blinds are lightweight but they are incredibly durable too
While wood blinds are extremely durable, they need to be cleaned regularly without using harsh chemicals.
Faux Wood Blinds
PVC and vinyl combos, as well as composite wood are the materials primarily used to make faux wood blinds. Both of these materials are treated to give them the appearance of wood.
Faux wood blinds are available in different textures, grain patterns, and colours, such as maple, oak, and birch.
Blinds made of faux wood also have their share of benefits which includes:
- Faux wood blinds are durable. Blinds made of faux wood are less likely to crack, warp, and fade than wooden blinds. This is especially true in moisture-laden places such as bathrooms and kitchens. A wooden blind is especially vulnerable to moisture. Faux wood blinds are the best option for hot humid environments
- They are easy to maintain. Blinds made of faux wood can be cleaned with almost any kind of cleaning product since there are no wood grains to worry about
- Faux wooden blinds are affordable. Faux wood blinds are an inexpensive option that still gives your home a “natural wood” feel
However, faux wood blinds can be heavier and come with wider slats than their wood counterparts.
So Which is Better Real Wood Blinds or Faux Wood Blinds?
First, you need to check your budget. Second, find a source that offers great deals on both real wood blinds and faux wood blinds.
Next, you need to consider which room the blinds are going to be installed in. Is there a lot of humidity? What about sunlight?
Following this, make sure you keep the style of a room front of mind when choosing whether real wood blinds or faux wood blinds would be the best choice.
Best Blinds for a Bathroom
You have to consider what conditions bathroom blinds will have to cope with. This includes:
- Will the blinds get wet or just damp?
- Is your bathroom very steamy?
- Does the humidity in the bathroom take a long time to clear?
- What about privacy?
- Do you want to limit the amount of light in the bathroom?
Once you tick all the boxes, you can then make a more informed choice on whether you should install real wood blinds or faux wood blinds. If your bathroom is very humid and the blinds will get constantly wet, the best choice is to choose faux wood blinds. They won’t get damaged and they are extremely easy to maintain.
Good Choice of Blinds for a Kitchen
Kitchen blinds must be waterproof and easy to maintain. The blinds also need to be easy to operate and must be able to handle heat. Then, of course, you have to consider style so that the blinds blend in well with the kitchen décor. Do you want a more traditional look or something a lot more modern.
Either way, the best choice for your kitchen would be faux wood blinds. They are easy to clean, durable, and can stand all the heat and moisture with ease.
Great Blinds for Bedrooms
There are a few things you need to think about before choosing the best blinds for a bedroom. Would real wood blinds or faux wood blinds be the best option?
First you need to consider the following:
- What about privacy?
- Will sunlight be an issue?
- How about maintenance?
- Is insulation and noise a problem?
- Is style a concern?
- What about practicality?
Real wood blinds look fantastic in bedrooms and they are easy maintenance. You can opt for darker natural wood blinds to keep out the light during the day when needed.
Today, there is a huge choice of real wood blinds to choose from and finding a style to suit the bedroom décor is easier than it ever was.
Real Wood Blinds or Faux Wood Blinds: The choice is Yours
At the end of the day, whether you opt for real wood or faux wood, the choice is yours. That said, you have to consider which would be the most suitable and durable. Real wood blinds are great for bedrooms and lounges, but faux wood blinds are the better choice for bathrooms and kitchens.